Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Adventures in Laziness

Let's be honest, here. Everyone has something they are lazy about, particularly when it comes to household chores. For some people, they will allow the dishes to pile up in the sink until they create an interesting expensive version of JENGA. For others, they let the lawn get so high small children could use it as their own personal corn maze. Still others let the trash sit until you can smell it from across the street. Then there is me... who kinda does all of those things, and more. BUT.... I have found a silver lining to one of my many lazinesses! 

I am awesome at getting the laundry done. I can switch that laundry from the washer to the dryer like a pro! But that is about as far as I get. My nice clean laundry has been known to sit in a ginormous pile, unfolded, for days. This last week I managed to even fold the laundry, less the stuff that I hang in the closet, which is about two-thirds of my wardrobe. (Note: The pile was preexisting, already containing the closet clothes from the previous week's laundry.) Unwilling to give up the overwhelming amount of energy to put the clothes on hangers and put them in the closet, I just kept/keep piling the closet-clothes on top of one another.

As my closet-clothes pile gets larger, my closet gets more and more empty. This allowed me to finally see everything I own! It's almost as awesome as shopping for new clothes. (Okay, yeah, no. Not really. But going through your closet is a whole lot cheaper than buying new clothes.) In the last two weeks, I was able to wear some clothes I forgot I owned. I was also able to realize that a few of those items were in the back of the closet for a reason, and thusly helped me to thin out the heard so to speak. Over the past few days. I have been able to fall back in love with many clothing pieces I forgot I had, and to eliminate some items I should have broken up with a long time ago. 

Basically, I am saying everyone should stop hanging up their clothes, and instead throw them in a pile. At least for a little while... take the day off and rediscover all of those items in the back of your closet. 


Okay, fine. This is not my closet.
I only wish it was.
This is my dream closet.
Only, in my dream, it has a little more color. 

1 comment:

  1. For a hot second, before I read the caption, I thought that was your closet and I was about to freak out. I want to live in that picture. xoxo

    ReplyDelete